A man I’d sent a coaching proposal wanted to know: “What do I get for my money?”
Excellent question! Here’s what I told him.
Coaching generally takes place on the phone once a week in increments of 30 minutes, 45 minutes or 55 minutes, three times a month with the fourth week off. This gives us the chance to create an action plan for you, and for you to act on that plan and to report back what happened – and what didn’t.
As part of our coaching agreement, you will have unlimited access to me via email between sessions to help celebrate victories or to deal with challenges or anything in between.
Beyond the coaching mechanics
But coaching goes well beyond the mechanics. What you also get for your investment with me is a coach who has:
- More than 30 years of management experience in the second-largest media group in the country, including all HR aspects
- Successfully completed time management training through Franklin Covey, as well as many management training modules through Knight-Ridder (now McClatchy) newspaper group
- 7 years as the CEO of the local chamber of commerce, promoting and working with owners and managers of businesses, large and small
- Experienced coaching herself and knows the value
- Started her own business in 2003, thanks to coaching
- Presented numerous training programs on everything from negotiations to board effectiveness
- 60 hours of coach training with CoachInc., which is a coach-training provider certified by the International Coach Federation, the global certifying agency
- Hundreds of hours of one-on-on coaching experience with people from all walks of life, including attorneys, entrepreneurs, educators, transportation managers, health-care workers and NGO executives, among others
- Tons of life experience
- Only your best interests at heart
- A finely tuned bullshit detector
- Excellent critical thinking skills
- The ability to tell when you’re lying to yourself…and bring it to your attention
- No preconceived notions of who and what you should be
- The desire to keep you on track toward your goals
What you won’t get is someone who:
- Begs you to show up on time. You’re an adult. You either want to be coached or you don’t.
- Thinks her way is the only way
- Believes failure is a reason to quit
- Committed to linear thinking
- Feels there is only one path to any goal
- Takes for granted that what you say is what you really mean
- Accepts faulty reasoning
- Believes that change is something to fear
- Does not accept that other people’s opinions are more important than yours
Coaching is about transforming your life, personally or professionally and sometimes both.
If you’re ready — to learn more or move ahead — email firstname.lastname@example.org and let’s set up an appointment to talk about your options.