Coaching isn’t magic. It just feels that way.
Are you ready for success in business and life?
Coaching is all about getting you where you want to be. Not what your friends want. Not what your colleagues want. Not even what your love ones want. Face it — they have agendas that may not be the same as yours.
It’s so much easier and faster to achieve personal success when you’ve got someone in your corner who wants what you want. You may not know what that is, but that is the best part about coaches; they can help you focus on the right questions to get you where you need and want to be.
Putting the pieces together
Coaching first gained steam in the 1980s as “executive consulting,” when CEOs and other top managers found they needed a sympathetic, unbiased and supportive “other” to kick around ideas and talk about their concerns without worrying about being judged or the topic of office gossip.
Since then, success coaching has expanded beyond the business setting to cover virtually every aspect of life – including health, time management, communication skills, personal development, work-life balance, relationships, finances, public speaking and more. In fact, due to the specialized skills that your coach brings to the relationship, coaching around any topic or issue is common.
Everyone can benefit, but it is especially useful for women who want to better manage their careers or improve their business. Women have their own unique challenges. Been done, gone through that!
What makes success coaching different
Coaching complements other disciplines but is different
- Coaching supports improved management skills, which allows managers and front-line supervisors to ramp up their game.
- Coaching helps install training through regularly scheduled calls to make sure the training is implemented.
- Unlike mentors, a coach doesn’t need to know about your industry or your job to help you get to where you want to be.
- Coaches are not therapists, who help people come to terms with issues that they cannot get beyond on their own.
Coaching is rocket fuel to get you where you want to go faster, and in a shorter period of time, by helping you keep your focus.
How coaching works
First we start with an assessment that covers many topics — what are you procrastinating about? What would you love to center your life around? What gives you juice for life? What’s holding you back? How do you manage your time and/or stressors? This gives both of us insight into who you are and where you are right now.
Then we arrange to meet over the phone in three weekly calls a month. The amount of time per coaching call ranges from 30 to 55 minutes. All coaching calls are scheduled in advance and are completely confidential. No one will know you are a client.
During our first call, we’ll talk about your goals (if you don’t have them, that’s perfectly OK) and set out a specific plan for tactics to reach them. Each week, prior to our call, you’ll fill out a form that answers five questions:
- What did you accomplish in the previous week?
- What did you plan to do, but didn’t?
- What are your challenges?
- What are your opportunities?
- What specific topic (if any) you would like to be coached on that week.
The calls are where the magic happens. We celebrate successes. We talk about the bumps in the road and how to get around them. We talk about what’s holding you back and how to change that.
If you need:
- More focus
- Help reaching personal or professional goals
- Rocket fuel to help you get there faster with with greater ease
- Tools, perspective, guidance, support and structure to accomplish more
- A fresh take on what you believe and think about yourself and your abilities
Then coaching is for you.
Are you ready to give it a try? Let’s set up a free, no-obligation and confidential coaching call so you can get a feel for what it’s like. Email email@example.com. And let’s get your life moving in the direction that’s best for you!